Thursday, January 2, 2014

Taco Egg Rolls

You're going to love this simple weeknight meal.  Tacos are an easy meal we eat a few times a month.  There's nothing faster!  In fact, I buy ground beef in bulk, cook it all at once and divide it in one pound servings in a gallon size freezer bag.  So when it's time to make tacos, I have ground beef ready to go, just throw it into a skillet and add the taco seasoning.  You could freeze it with the taco seasoning already added, but I like to cook it plain so I can add it to chili and other things.  Pick up a bag of shredded lettuce and you have tacos in little more than 5 minutes.

These taco egg rolls from Awkward Kitchenette aren't quite as fast as all that, but they are still quick and easy.  And a fun change to the everyday taco.  To an egg roll wrapper, add cooked taco meat and shredded cheese.  They assemble easily, just follow the directions on the package.  A pound of ground beef will make about 8-10 egg rolls, but I used 1 1/2 pounds here so we'd have leftovers for Sunday's game (per my husband's request), so that made about 15!   



Here's the finished product.  These are a great treat for family movie night.  We love to eat them with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.   

 
 
I was also thinking they would work great as an appetizer in a mini version made with wonton wrappers.  Now I'm wondering what else can I wrap in an egg roll wrapper!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment